500grm Irish Sausage Meat
500grm puff pastry
Half a leek – finely chopped. Soften in a little butter and left to cool
1 x sweet Apple – grated
6 x Sage leaves – chopped
1 x large free-range egg – beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas 6
- Combine the sausage meat, apple, sage and onion in a bowl.
- Season with black pepper and leave to the side.
- Flour a surface and roll out the pastry to appox 1cm thick and 34cm x 30cm. Halve
lengthways and add the filling down the middle of each strip.
- Brush the edges with the egg, roll up and seal. Cut into desired size and score the
pastry, brush with more egg.
- Bake for approx. 20 mins until cooked through and golden brown!